Dear Intergroup Representative,
You will receive a packet of information from your Intergroup Rep. Support Committee chair, but here are some materials that will help you get familiar with the workings of intergroup and the expectations of you as an IR:
- CNMI bylaws dated November 2018
- CNMI policy manual dated November 2018
- Strong meeting check list This checklist is very useful in determining the health of the group you represent. It is suggested that every group discuss the questions and see if any changes need to be made in your meeting. You can be the leader in insuring this important activity takes place annually.
- Suggested Meeting Format This is the March 2016 Board Approved meeting format. You might want to compare the format of your group with the WSBC version to see if there is something you want to change in your format. Since each group is autonomous, your group is free to follow whatever format works for them. Included in this file, after the basic format, are: The Tools of Recovery (abridged 2011); Our Invitation to You (revised 2014) which includes The Twelve Steps; and The Twelve Traditions.
- Intergroup Rep Report form This is a useful tool for you to use when you prepare your report for your meeting. If this works for you, feel free to make extra copies.
- Intergroup Representative service position description This one page form lists the duties and other information helpful for the new IR.
- OA Handbook for Members, Groups and Service Bodies (copyright law prevents duplication of this material here – see the IR Support Committee Chair for your copy) This is a very useful booklet to find information relating to service in OA. A copy of the current 2015 version is provided to each Intergroup Representative.
If you go to meetings that do not have an IR, please encourage them to get one. Our goal is to have every group represented so we have a good flow of information between CNMI and groups. CNMI meets on the second Saturday of each month.