World Service Business Conference 2018 wrapped up a few weeks ago, and delegates ushered in quite a few positive changes to move the Fellowship forward:
- New weekend dates for Fellowship-wide OA holidays to accommodate the diversity of our membership. See “Other OA Events” at the bottom of the OA Events Page for the new dates taking effect immediately.
- The creation of a new Virtual Region, which will give virtual meetings the same structure and support as face-to-face meetings. The Virtual Region structure will not be implemented until sometime in 2019.
- Immediate adoption of a new policy statement: “In keeping with Tradition Ten, Overeaters Anonymous has no opinion on bariatric(weight-loss) surgery. In the spirit of Tradition Three, Overeaters Anonymous welcomes anyone with a desire to stop eating compulsively, including those who have had the surgery or are contemplating it.”
Look for a complete list of WSBC outcomes in the Third Quarter issue of A Step Ahead, publishing June 14, and a more detailed account in the 2018 Final Conference Report publishing in August 2018.
Take our survey and help OA carry the message of recovery to the still-suffering compulsive eater. (Survey will open in a separate window.)
- Newcomers click here (you decide if you are a newcomer)
- All other OA members click here (not newcomers)
- Referring professionals click here (doctors, nurses, dietitians, therapists, clergy, and others)
Thank you for taking our survey!